Wednesday 16 April 2008

Stop and oh fuck

You don't see the stopngo all that often at the low levels. Sometimes when someone is short, they'll call a raise pre and push the rest on any flop. But you don't often see it deeper. I don't know whether this guy had the intention of doing it preflop. His call is pretty atrocious if he didn't.


Seat 1: VasilisSk ($1,961 in chips)
Seat 2: Thorgal xxx ($2,177 in chips)
Seat 3: Pavlicker ($2,420 in chips)
Seat 5: nazca x ($2,322 in chips)
Seat 7: tbear16 ($1,635 in chips)
Seat 10: Dr Zen ($4,485 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
Thorgal xxx posts blind ($75), Pavlicker posts blind ($150).

I have A9o. Not a monster but still worth a raise to steal the blinds.


PRE-FLOP
nazca x folds, tbear16 folds, Dr Zen bets $400, VasilisSk folds, Thorgal xxx folds, Pavlicker calls $250.

FLOP [board cards: 5C 9H 6C ]
Pavlicker bets $2,020 and is all-in, Dr Zen calls $2,020.

I snapcall with TPTK and he shows QJ. I knew he couldn't have a hand as good as pair+FD because I had the 9c.

Would I have folded on a board I missed? Probably, although I guess I might just call on a twoflush board.

Anyway, he didn't help any and that ended his tourney. Frankly, folding preflop is the best move in his spot. Even if you flop a pair, I have you dominated often, and if you don't, you have to hope I didn't already have one and am prepared to give up when you bet. I think it's a bit of a parlay. Not the worst spot for it, but meh. With a pair, maybe okay, but still, he's a bit deep, so reshoving might be better if he wants to make a play.

No comments: