Wednesday 30 April 2008

Meeeeeeeh

The poker gods are cruel, and the cruellest thing they do is not to punish idiots. I find that the hardest thing in poker. Not so much the bad beat, but that the other player was just so stupid.

Example follows.

TEXAS_HOLDEM, NO_LIMIT, T4-66568958-14
played at "Kabul" for USD TC from 2008-04-29 20:14 until 2008-04-29 20:15
Seat 1: Dr Zen ($1,320 in chips)
Seat 2: triops ($1,445 in chips)
Seat 3: mc stepper ($2,305 in chips)
Seat 4: doc drool ($450 in chips)
Seat 5: frozenman76 ($1,815 in chips)
Seat 6: grippenlake1 ($1,290 in chips)
Seat 7: RecTimer ($1,770 in chips)
Seat 8: RassRodz ($1,205 in chips)
Seat 9: washington6 ($1,760 in chips)
Seat 10: jeepers113 ($1,640 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
frozenman76 posts blind ($15), grippenlake1 posts blind ($30).

I have QQ.


PRE-FLOP
RecTimer folds, RassRodz calls $30, washington6 folds, jeepers113 folds, Dr Zen bets $150, triops folds, mc stepper folds, doc drool folds, frozenman76 folds, grippenlake1 folds, RassRodz calls $120.

I have a bad feeling. QQ is close to the losingmost hand for me. I'd be running a lot better if it just occasionally won me a decent pot.

FLOP [board cards: JC 5D TS ]
RassRodz bets $200, Dr Zen bets $1,170 and is all-in, RassRodz calls $855 and is all-in.

So I'm not all that scared of his bet. He can have JT or a set, obv. but I'm never folding QQ on an undercard flop.

His call of my push is atrocious though. He has KsJs. How can he think he's good there? He is only beating the bluff. Why put me on a bluff though? Leaving aside that I'm never bluffing in that spot, why would he even think I was?

Well, obviously he doesn't think at all.


TURN [board cards: JC 5D TS 6S ]
RIVER [board cards: JC 5D TS 6S 3S ]

Believe it or not, this guy gave me shit after this hand. He felt like a genius.

Maybe he is. Because it seems to me that the right play against me is to get it in with absolutely any shit you have, because you are going to suck out way more than expectation.

UPDATE: Still, I finished third, which means I took that guy's buyin. Yes, I came back from 115 chips. It's always worth fighting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boots sez:

"The poker gods are cruel, and the cruellest thing they do is not to punish idiots. I find that the hardest thing in poker. Not so much the bad beat, but that the other player was just so stupid."

OMFG here I sit reading this, thinking geez, you'd think he'd begin to get it by now, trying to figure out where the switch is for that lightbulb in your head, and not having the least idea what I might possibly say to help you get it. Nothing. There's nothing I can say that will help you get it.

Whatever. On another topic I've decided that my pen-name for publication will be "Random Chance". I think it's rather clever, being the stupid fellow that I am. Random Chance does not exist.