Thursday 10 April 2008

Head's fucked

Now this would have to be the unluckiest HU ever:

Seat 4: mandolinchen ($2,860 in chips)
Seat 9: Dr Zen ($12,140 in chips)

mandolinchen is a very bad player, with a specific flaw in her game. She's way too aggressive when she hits the flop.

But there's not much flopping in this HU.

First hand, I have 86s and push. mandolinchen is a fairly tight player so I expect her to fold nearly everything. Wrong. She calls with J8s and doubles up. That's pretty bad, but fair enough. Her call is good vs ATC, which is what I'm shoving there. Not that she knows that, but that was accidentally good.

So we trade blinds a couple of hands, then:

Seat 4: mandolinchen ($5,420 in chips)
Seat 9: Dr Zen ($9,580 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
Dr Zen posts blind ($150), mandolinchen posts blind ($300).

I have 99. I've raised a couple of times, so I don't have to have a great hand here, but there's no reason to think I don't have some sort of values.

PRE-FLOP
Dr Zen bets $600, mandolinchen bets $5,120 and is all-in

Woah.

Dr Zen calls $4,670.

Given that she called with J8s, I don't think she necessarily has a hand, so I snapcall. I am obviously good against her range.

She shows K5. I hate her play. I'm probably calling with a lot of the hands I raised with, and she isn't beating much that calls. Well, nothing at all, actually.

FLOP [board cards: AS 7H 3H ]


TURN [board cards: AS 7H 3H 4C ]


RIVER [board cards: AS 7H 3H 4C KD ]

OMG.

Oh well. I can still beat her, right? I'll just forget that she now outstacks me because she made a very loose call with a hand that she couldn't expect to be better than mine and made a horrible push and sucked out when a 25/75 dog.

So for a few hands I have nothing at all, which is not helping, then I pick up AJ and push:

TEXAS_HOLDEM, NO_LIMIT, T4-65068792-79
played at "Innsbruck" for USD TC from 2008-04-10 01:47 until 2008-04-10 01:48
Seat 4: mandolinchen ($11,440 in chips)
Seat 9: Dr Zen ($3,560 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
Dr Zen posts blind ($150), mandolinchen posts blind ($300).

PRE-FLOP
Dr Zen bets $3,410 and is all-in, mandolinchen calls with Ad4c.

Her call is okay. I'm shoving pretty wide there, so calling with an ace is fine. But I'm delighted because I have her dominated.

But do you think domination will be enough. Relive the board with me and enjoy watching one of those truly painful suckouts that I have been on the receiving end of so many times lately.

FLOP [board cards: 3C 5C 8D ]

I know I will lose. She has a gutshot and a backdoor flush draw.

TURN [board cards: 3C 5C 8D 9C ]

Now it's certain. She has the flush draw.

RIVER [board cards: 3C 5C 8D 9C JC ]

Yes, PokerRoom's random number generator has a sense of humour too, providing me with a pair on the river.

No comments: