Sunday 6 April 2008

I hate poker

So I win one tourney and I'm feeling good this AM. I sign up for another and I recognise some of the names. They are some of the worst LAGtards you've ever played against. Somehow three of them contrive to get stacks, so I get to the bubble at t200 with 10BB. Nearly every pot is going to be raised, so I'll have to pick a spot.

One particularly bad idiot limps on the button. I'm in the BB with JJ. This is an easy shove, so I push.

He calls and shows QTs. You can't justify his call. Even though he has a bigger stack than I do, it's terrible. He's calling 9BB with a hand that's almost certainly behind.

Well, yeah, it's behind but you just know that it'll catch up.

I hate this. This guy is limping a wide range, most of which I dominate, let alone beat. He can have hands like 97, all smaller pairs (he'd be raising anything bigger than 66 I should think), crappy broadway hands like the one he showed, K7 maybe. He might be trapping, but even if he is, I only fear three hands.

The flop comes KJ8. So basically, even if I limped, he would have called a push or bet on the flop. Note that I have a set. This is the exquisite torture that PokerRoom enjoys inflicting on you.

Still, I'm a redhot favourite to win on the flop, right? He's 2 to 1 to hit his straight, but if he does, I have ten outs to redraw.

Turn is an A, of course, river a 3.

This guy has done this to me maybe four out of five times we've been in this spot. The same guy. He must think he's a genius.

No comments: