Thursday 3 April 2008

Doom

Maybe they really have thrown a doomswitch on me.

It's t20. I have KK. One guy has limped. I raise to 100. This guy and one other call.

The flop comes T97. Not too dangerous. The guy who limped pushes. WTF? I snapcall. He has 86. Yes, he called a 5BB raise OOP with 86.

***

On my next table, I'm card dead. I push KTs. One guy calls. Of course he has KQ. I am always dominated. Always.

***

I hate minraisers. Passionately. Particularly when you're shorter than they are. You start believing they have noticed you fold, and are stealing every time. So a guy who has a monster stack raises in the SB. I have 77 in the BB. I push over. He calls. He has AQ.

Well, even at that, I am a fav... well, who am I kidding? As sure as night follows day, the ace flops.

***

Next a guy raises to 3x. First hand of the tourney. I have AK. Two guys call and it's to me. I push. One of the callers calls me. He has KK.

I mean, wtf? If he played anything like correctly, I would have been able to get away from my hand. It really hurts that you suffer from bad play more than they do.

In all but the KTs hand, the villains played badly, atrociously. My play is standard in each case. But I have lost $40 and that's the first hour of my day.

No comments: