Saturday 31 May 2008

Fck mi lck

shoved AJ over a small raise < A6, 7th
33 ran into AA, 3rd
KJ < QT, 3rd
shoved ATC into K6, he rivered trips, 4th
shoved A5s into AA, 6th
shoved 32 into A2, 3rd
shoved over a limp, he called huge shove, Q7s < A5
TT < K7 for 10BB, 4th

That's a set of 8. I actually played well, but ended up -8% ROI. That doesn't tell the story, of course. I lost a big stack when a guy outsucked me with KQ, then the same game did it again with a dominated ace at another table. Meh.

***

So I load up five more. First one I bust out of I try a retarded trap. It's folded to me in the SB, and I limp with 99. I figure the BB will raise with or without a hand. He minraises and I push over. He snapcalls. AK. Flop K, gg me. Next game, I have AQs, and raise to 150 at t50. Some guy calls and a guy who is playing 33/23 reraises. Looks like a squeeze and I push over. I have 2.7K, so he should fold a lot of his range and I'll be beating most of the rest. After all, he's been raising with shit. Except for this time. He has AK and it's gg me again.

Well, wtf can you do? I had even been lucky in that tourney. I had raised with AA and got one caller. Flop was all rags and I bet. She called. Turn was another rag and I shoved. Snapcalled by a set of 2s, but I rivered the A. Sucked for her, but I'm kind of due one.

Next tourney, some guy with 800 chips raises to 300 from the button. I have 77 in the SB and shove over. He snapcalls with JTs. WTF? If he'd pushed, that would have maybe been okay. But the poker gods do not punish the bad players. They hate you for being too smart for the fish. Flop JT3, and I'm left with 400 chips.

I am hating this so badly. I'm playing really well at the 10s and have played well for the last while. But my ROI is through the floor and shows no sign of improving. It's very hard to stay confident when you are losing money. You start to doubt your play and eventually I think I will end up quitting, even though I probably am a decent player at this level.

So I ended the day after 13 games, 7% ROI. That's disappointing but at least I ended with a couple of decent cashes so I didn't lose for the day (not that it matters over so few games).

So meh. But I feel good enough about my game not to get too disheartened. And I'm still learning.

3 comments:

Father Luke said...

He has AK and it's gg me again.

gg - wot's that?

Dr Zen said...

it means "good game". It's what some people say when you've been knocked out.

Father Luke said...

I see.
Okay, thanks.