Thursday 29 May 2008

A 10+1 without frills

I'm going to liveblog a $10 tourney while I play it. I'm not actually watching the table closely (working), so it's all generic. But it might give you an idea of how a 10+1 regular plays out.

Hands I just fold, I will note what they were without any comment. Everything else, I'll explain why I did what I did. I'll also mark when I pay blinds. If I do watch a hand, I might give some notes.


I don't recognise any of the players at the table, which usually means that none of them are any good. You remember the good players' names.

t20
J4
73
QTs -- just about lost a guy there:

ANTES/BLINDS
Mikaa23 posts blind ($10), MaxiNew posts blind ($20).

PRE-FLOP
Wooster_1 calls $20, ricked71 calls $20, ureeek folds, big wonka calls $20, magbigg4336 folds, Dr Zen folds, ARESTANT66 folds, hazemeljisr bets $40, Mikaa23 folds, MaxiNew folds, Wooster_1 calls $20, ricked71 calls $20, big wonka calls $20.

FLOP [board cards: KD 3C 9D ]
Wooster_1 checks, ricked71 bets $190, big wonka folds, hazemeljisr calls $190, Wooster_1 folds.

TURN [board cards: KD 3C 9D 3D ]
ricked71 bets $570, hazemeljisr calls $570.

RIVER [board cards: KD 3C 9D 3D 6D ]
ricked71 bets $700 and is all-in, hazemeljisr calls $670 and is all-in.

SHOWDOWN
ricked71 shows [ KS JC ]
hazemeljisr shows [ QH AD ]
ricked71 wins $30, hazemeljisr wins $3,050.

Her calls on flop and turn are atrocious, but his bet on river is just as bad.
75 -- now we're ninehanded
65
J8s--someone nearly busted last hand, didn't see what happened, don't care
AT -- to weak to play UTG

t30
63BB
K2SB
77 -- I call 100 raise. Q53r flop. Raiser bets 300. I fold. He shows 88.
AJ, I raise to 90 in cutoff. Called by fish on button. 863 flop, I check, she checks behind. Turn 6, she bets small, I call. River K, check check, MHIG. I don't cbet because this player is ultra fishy and will call with anything, so I'd have to twobarrel.
Q6
73s -- down to seven. Fish hit top pair with A7 on AQT flop, but other guy had flopped straight. This is why you don't play shit like A7 of course. But a lot of these fish do and when they get hot and heavy on A high flops, they don't always (or often) have better than top pair.
52

t50
95
83BB -- I check, three to flop. KQ5 two diamonds. Turn Td, river 5d. Checked down and I split pot.
KQSB, one limper, BB is sitting out. I call. Flop Q high, I bet 2/3 pot, he folds. Could have raised pre, but I don't like playing raised pots OOP much.
Q5. I walk BB.
Q3
76
A8
T5s
A7BB, fold to 3x raise. Meh. A high flop, checked round. Raiser had JJ, callers T8s and K4s. Unreal.
82SB
86
JT -- weird, guy limped, some other guy limped, raise to 200, first guy pushed. This would often be a pair actually and I call with anything I raise with. But the raiser had a big stack so maybe he was going fairly light.
Q7
K9

t100
43
J2BB walked.
J9sSB, folded to minraise. Probably would have completed against this table.
84s

I have about 1600 chips at this point.

Q3
42
93--there's a whole lot of limping going on. The table has been fairly passive, actually. You don't often get one as passive as this, but I haven't had the cards to take advantage.
86
Q8BB, two limpers, I check. AAJ flop. BTN bets, SB calls, I fold. Better had JT, caller bluffed river with 55.
Q4SB
T3
KT--we lose a guy. QJ raised pre, AK reraised small and called push after getting outflopped. Six left.
KJ

t150
QJ
KJ
J3BB. Fold to a minraise. I have 1290 chips.
Q9
JT. Tempted to push with tight BB on 1K chips, but meh.
64
K2
KT
T2BB. Folded to minraise from same guy. Frustrating but what can you do?
T8SB. Standard shove. He folds.
95.
QQ. I raise to 400, hoping to induce a shove. All fold.
87. I have 1440 chips.
96.
85sBB. Fold to 3x raise and minreraise. Minreraiser shoves 722 flop. Raiser calls with JJ < AA.

t200
99SB. I shove over minraise. He has 55 and my hand holds.
A8. I shove because both blinds have less than 10BB. All fold.
62
A3
T6BB. Two limp, I check. It's checked down. BTN wins with pair of 6s, ace kicker.
J2SB. We lost someone somewhere in the past few hands, but I didn't see him go. We're fivehanded now. Make that four. We lost a guy on that hand too.
85
85. I have 2.7K. One guy is shorter on 1.7K. He looks more cluey than most.
42sBB. Fold to SB's minraise. Gaaah.
85SB. Fold to a push.
J7
Q9
87BB walked this time.
74SB
T7s, another minraise
74
Q3BB, limper, push, I fold, limper folds.
63sSB. Shorty pushes again.
KJs. I push. all fold.
87s
K7BB. fold to minraise
82
54, idiot in SB walks shorty.
63s, LOL. Bigstack sucks out on shorty
KTsBB check it out
ANTES/BLINDS
big wonka posts blind ($100), Dr Zen posts blind ($200).

PRE-FLOP
Mikaa23 bets $400, big wonka folds, Dr Zen calls $200.

FLOP [board cards: AC TC KS ]
Dr Zen checks, Mikaa23 checks.

TURN [board cards: AC TC KS QD ]
Dr Zen bets $800, Mikaa23 calls $800.

RIVER [board cards: AC TC KS QD 7D ]
Dr Zen bets $900, Mikaa23 folds.

Preflop I considered shoving over because he is obviously raising my blind very light (has done it several times), but Ax is a big part of his range and he probably won't fold. My hand will play pretty well anyway, so I call. On the flop, I'm ahead always and I would usually bet out--it's very drawy. It's very likely to have hit him though so I check it to him hoping to get some money in. Turn is a horrible card, but he's not all that likely to have a jack. However, he is very likely to have *something* so I bet the pot. I'm hoping to get paid big by hands like Qc9c or T9 even while not betting little enough to encourage calls from weaker but still dangerous hands. On the river, I push for value.

It's a pity he didn't call, but I'd say Q9 is his most likely hand by far, followed by 99, a random Q, suited clubs, T9 and various pairs and other stuff.

T3
94

HU at t300

Won't post hands too hard to keep up.

The other guy is quite aggro when he has something but timid when he doesn't. He outstacks me 11-4 but I should win against a player as bad as this.

Big hand

ANTES/BLINDS
Dr Zen posts blind ($150), big wonka posts blind ($300).

PRE-FLOP
Dr Zen bets $700, big wonka calls $550.

FLOP [board cards: 5C TC JC ]
big wonka bets $10,470 and is all-in, Dr Zen calls $2,830 and is all-in.

TURN [board cards: 5C TC JC 4H ]


RIVER [board cards: 5C TC JC 4H KC ]


SHOWDOWN
big wonka shows [ 9H TD ]
Dr Zen shows [ QC AS ]
big wonka wins $7,640, Dr Zen wins $7,360.

Easy call on the flop. I have tons of outs and he is probably bluffing/has nothing much. And so it turned out. I normally shove pre, but I think raising is okay against this guy because he so clearly announces when he's hit the flop.

A bit of a folding match now. Card dead mostly.

Unreal!

ANTES/BLINDS
Dr Zen posts blind ($150), big wonka posts blind ($300).

PRE-FLOP
Dr Zen calls $150, big wonka checks.

I limp here with QTs. I could raise but I prefer to play pots against really bad players this deep. He's pushed a couple of flops, which is terrible, so I am hoping to hit top pair and stack him.


FLOP [board cards: 6H TH 3D ]
big wonka bets $8,090 and is all-in, Dr Zen calls $6,310 and is all-in.

Job done. He has 65.

TURN [board cards: 6H TH 3D AS ]


RIVER [board cards: 6H TH 3D AS 5C ]


Fucking doomswitch.

No comments: