Friday 10 October 2008

wtf 7

Well okay, one more:

Full Tilt Poker Game #8424074005: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (64102088), Table 1 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:21:33 ET - 2008/10/10
Seat 1: basatagirl (900)
Seat 3: wissp (705)
Seat 6: 4-Stack (1,305)
Seat 7: Wahish (2,400)
Seat 8: blumjk (4,130)
Seat 9: BARNWOOD1 (4,060)
wissp posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to basatagirl [Kd 9h]
4-Stack folds
Wahish folds
blumjk folds
BARNWOOD1 folds
basatagirl raises to 900, and is all in
wissp calls 545, and is all in
basatagirl shows [Kd 9h]
wissp shows [Kh 5h]

WTF?

But hey! I have him dominated. He only has three outs, right?

Uncalled bet of 195 returned to basatagirl
*** FLOP *** [6d Qs 4c]
basatagirl: gamble it up

That's right. Fucking retard. If he ever wonders why he's not making money, there it is. Just fold and push ATC when you get the chance. STTs are not about trying to suck out on people; they're about trying to make people fold.

Now he's 7 to 1 to win.

*** TURN *** [6d Qs 4c] [7s]

OMG. You know what's coming though. Another runner runner straight.

*** RIVER *** [6d Qs 4c 7s] [8c]

Yep. So I bust next hand. Another buyin gone to three outs.

Then at my other table a winning player calls my 87 shove for 10BB, I cover him. He has JTs. I have not shown down bad cards at any point.

He cannot justify his call. He is just gambling. Even if he thinks I'm shoving wide, that's an easy fold. I have to be shoving more than 70% for JTs to be a call, and I don't shove that wide against anyone I think is decent because I know they'll call a bit wider than the fish. He doesn't know me and doesn't know that I'll shove wide at all. Most players don't. It's also a fold for me if I know he's calling that wide, but this is a winning player. I expect him to be folding J high.

Actually, I should have known he was retarded. He joined a table that already had three strong winning players and another couple of breakeven ones. That's dumb for a player who is only playing a handful of tables.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just being curious... but how do you tell if a game has three winning players before you join? (or losing for that matter)
Sharkscope?
Do you table select a lot?

Dr Zen said...

Yeah, Sharkscope. I recently started paying for half a subscription, so I have been checking out games on SS. Only tableselecting from time to time, but I'll check out the whole table (easy with Full Tilt Shortcuts). It's mostly because it's a novelty, which will wear off. Once I get FTS working properly, I'll be using the sharklist feature to avoid playing too many winning players at once. If you don't play too many tables, it's a good idea not to have too many sharks on your table, because you just cut each other's throats.

Anonymous said...

boots sez:

"I'll be using the sharklist feature to avoid playing too many winning players at once"

That's the dumbest thing I've read you say lately. Think why that is.

"I recently started paying for half a subscription"

In the stock gambler's realm, no matter what's going on the broker is making money.

AJ said...

"Well okay, one more:"

Nooooo. You promised.