Thursday 26 June 2008

nyaaaaargh

On days like today, I just want to give up. I've been donking around in low buyin things because I don't feel well.

First of all, I played a triple draw tourney. I got a decent stack and lost half, drawing one card three times to a number one (75432 -- the best hand in triple draw) and pairing each time. I didn't even have a hand to show down. Then I bluffed the river after missing another draw, and a fish called. His pair of 3s beat my pair of 5s. Unreal. The number of unpaired hands I can be betting is huge, even if I'm bluffing. Then I got into a raising war with a draw to a 7 and missed. The other guy had been betting and raising with a hand I would have discarded. He showed an 86 high at the river. Really. The guy capped it on the first draw with a draw to an 86. He wasn't even made. He didn't have a 2 in his hand. Then I busted against the same guy. He stood pat with a T8 and I couldn't draw out on him.

Then in a $2 satellite, I raised with AJs, one caller and the flop came Q32. I cbet and the guy snapshoved. So I'm guessing that the retard called with QJ and got lucky. Then I raised with AdQd, got one caller in the SB and the flop comes Jxx with two diamonds. Guy bets out and I shove. He calls and shows JTs. I have 15 outs and I'm a favourite and he fades them all. So yet again, a horrible player makes a horrible call (preflop), a horrible bet (on the flop) and another horrible call (I'm never behind on that flop) and gets lucky.

Worse was to come in a 2/180:

PokerStars Game #18387213533: Tournament #93422690, $2.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/06/25 - 23:47:40 (ET)
Table '93422690 8' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: SlimmyPhatz (1500 in chips)
Seat 2: PWROFRED (2960 in chips)
Seat 3: shannan76 (1460 in chips)
Seat 4: FR Vessant (1460 in chips)
Seat 5: :Ambush187: (1660 in chips)
Seat 7: jpapc (1460 in chips)
Seat 8: Genoa Joe (1500 in chips)
Seat 9: tribaltat (1500 in chips)
:Ambush187:: posts small blind 10
jpapc: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to FR Vessant [Kc Ad]
Genoa Joe: folds
tribaltat: folds
SlimmyPhatz: folds
PWROFRED: folds
shannan76: folds
FR Vessant: raises 60 to 80

Standard raise.

:Ambush187:: folds
jpapc: calls 60
*** FLOP *** [Kh 8h 7s]

Great flop for me.

jpapc: checks
FR Vessant: bets 100
jpapc: raises 300 to 400

Never folding obv.

FR Vessant: raises 980 to 1380 and is all-in
jpapc: calls 980 and is all-in

He has 87.

I mean, wtf? Yeah, fishes will call with connectors because they have no conception of how often they make big hands and no idea how unlikely they are to be paid off by me, but do I have to flop pretty much the only flop I will go bust on?

Still. I improved right? I hit running cards for two pair, or I hit my ace? Right?

smiton is connected
*** TURN *** [Kh 8h 7s] [Jh]
*** RIVER *** [Kh 8h 7s Jh] [9s]

Are you kidding?

No comments: