Saturday 13 December 2008

Multimurder

So I've been practising 16-tabling the 10ers. It's not too difficult. I think it's gone well, but it's early days. The first time, I cashed 13 out of 16 times and made 89% ROI. The second, I broke even, but I ran like shit. I ran KK into AA three times, AK into AA another, rarely caught a break, and in the money got my money in to win the tourney a couple of times and the other guy caught the big suckout. Twice I outflopped a pair with overcards, only for the other guy to hit a straight on the river, had a set cracked by a guy who called two huge bets with a bare flush draw, and AA cracked by some suited shit that hit a runner flush after calling allin with nothing much on the flop. So the usual, but that could easily have been $50 better, which is 24%. The key thing is that I don't feel I played badly, so I won't stress over the money.

I don't find the decisionmaking too rushed, and I started three fresh tourneys as I was still playing, to see what it's like to play continuously (I would have opened more but I haven't set up the software I plan to use properly yet). I have hotkeys set up for betting and stuff, but I didn't use them. It's easiest to stack tables and just hover near the fold button. It would be harder to do this with turbos, but I'm working on getting the setup right first, before I worry about getting up to speed. I'm not playing turbos just now anyway, because I need to work on ICM. I have very poor knowledge of it, and it's holding me back, because to beat the 16s/24s, I need to be at least competent. It's just laziness has prevented me from putting in the hours, and of course fear.

Fear of what? Fear that I will not, cannot learn. Which is not rational, because when I do time with SNG Wizard, I find I often have "lightbulb" moments (you know, when that little bulb above your head lights up because you get something you didn't before.

***

Sadly, the turbos are going just the same. I'm supposed to be taking a month off, but I couldn't resist playing a few, so I fired four up.

After this hand the fish says "I'm not a fish. I called your hand.

What? You put me exactly on AQs?

Well, maybe you should have folded then?

Full Tilt Poker Game #9465551550: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (72269547), Table 1 - 40/80 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:05:27 ET - 2008/12/13
Seat 2: MCavalc (955)
Seat 3: moneyOVERhos (2,210), is sitting out
Seat 4: basatagirl (1,320)
Seat 6: swat77 (3,545)
Seat 8: PRFECT8 (2,815)
Seat 9: Dunkster01 (2,655)
swat77 posts the small blind of 40
PRFECT8 posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to basatagirl [Qh Ah]
Dunkster01 folds
MCavalc raises to 160
moneyOVERhos folds
basatagirl raises to 1,320, and is all in
swat77 folds
PRFECT8 folds
MCavalc has 15 seconds left to act
MCavalc has requested TIME
MCavalc calls 795, and is all in
basatagirl shows [Qh Ah]
MCavalc shows [2c 2s]
Uncalled bet of 365 returned to basatagirl
*** FLOP *** [Ts 8c 4s]
*** TURN *** [Ts 8c 4s] [2h]


Maybe not. So the next hand I do the hail Mary shove.

Full Tilt Poker Game #9465570450: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (72269547), Table 1 - 40/80 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:06:45 ET - 2008/12/13
Seat 2: MCavalc (2,030)
Seat 3: moneyOVERhos (2,210), is sitting out
Seat 4: basatagirl (365)
Seat 6: swat77 (3,505)
Seat 8: PRFECT8 (2,655)
Seat 9: Dunkster01 (2,735)
Dunkster01 posts the small blind of 40
MCavalc posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to basatagirl [Ad 2c]
moneyOVERhos folds
basatagirl raises to 365, and is all in
swat77 folds
PRFECT8 has 15 seconds left to act
PRFECT8 calls 365
Dunkster01 folds
MCavalc folds
basatagirl shows [Ad 2c]
PRFECT8 shows [4s 4h]
*** FLOP *** [Th 3h 7h]
*** TURN *** [Th 3h 7h] [As]

Looking good.

*** RIVER *** [Th 3h 7h As] [4c]

OMFG.

And at table 2, I raise to 250 with 1.5K with AKs and of course a fish flats. The flop comes Q high and that looks reasonable to cbet, although I prefer to check mostly. Fish shoves over. OMG. So I fold that and bust out shortly after, shoving over something fishy with KQ. I'm called with 55 and of course I hit nothing. At table 3, I shove TT with 11BB and a tighty snapcalls me. He has AQs. Naturally, the ace comes on the river. I chip back up a bit, but what really sucks is that some cunt limps my blind at t200. I shove 750 with Q7 and I find that this clown limped KQ. Terrible. Why let me see a free flop with that, you fuckwit? On table 4, I shove Q2 with 6BB on the button into two very tight blinds, and one of them wakes up with AT. I then chip up and run AQ into JJ and AK! WTF? I mean, I really fucking need Full Tilt to turn off my doomswitch tbh, because this is getting monotonous. Four games, four buyins down. It's not much but it's 11 out of the last 12 now, and obviously the 24s are fucking terrible for me.

Anyway, have fired up eight more and I hope to run a bit better. I am definitely good enough to beat the 12s, and probably should be beating the 24s too. But luck plays a huge part in this game, and if you have none, you cannot hope to beat any sort of turbo.

No comments: