Sunday 24 June 2007

Different ways to have a nightmare

So here we go. A five-dollar sitngo on PokerRoom. The only player I recognise is milfasseater, who is a tight player who makes big mistakes. I think I’ve played one of the other guys, but I don’t have any notes on him.

t20
Q5 on the button. Fold. That was quite promising. One guy put in quite a lot of money with KT on a K high flop and another called him flop and turn with AQ, giving him second pair.
43. Fold.
TT. I just limp. I flop it T high. Unfortunately, no one raised PF, so it’s unlikely anyone has anything, but it’s bet into me, one caller, so I raise. The turn is a Q. We get it all in. OMFG. The guy has QQ and I’m done.

That sort of thing happens. I don’t mind it. Obviously I have to get my money in with top set on the flop. The other guy’s play was awful, preflop and on the flop and he got lucky.

So let’s try that again. This time I know three players. Muradonna is a recklessly aggro loosetard – my note on him says “retarded”; Britney is close to clueless; and MASTAendgegn a very loose player who plays far too many hands and goes too far with them.

t20 (I begin with 1500 chips)
Q4 in the BB. I fold to a 5BB raise.
54. I fold. I’d probably complete if they were suited, but low connectors OOP are not a great hand.
53. Fold. Another big raise. Which I like. I like it when players make out of proportion raises, because I’m only getting involved if I have a very big hand anyway, and they’ll be playing for pots that are far too big for the hands they have. Britney takes a big pot from the raiser.
J8. Fold.
K3. Fold. A lot of players to the flop. That’s a good sign, because good players don’t play many hands and if a lot of players are playing, they aren’t good. Britney led out about 2/3 pot, and MASTAendgegn put in a huge overbet raise. We’re talking 400 into a 190 pot.
KT. Fold.

t30 (I have 1470 chips)
QJ. Fold. The flop comes KJJ, grrrr.
J4s. Fold. MASTAendgegn got it all in with the shorty. Yes, dude, QJ is a fine hand to gamble a third of your stack with.
93s. Fold.
QJ. Fold.
94s in the BB. I get a free flop. I don’t like it much though. KJ6. All check. Turn another J. I fold to a small bet. The bettor had top pair on the flop. I don’t like his play much. I don’t like his limp PF with K4s and I don’t like his check on the flop. I don’t know whether he was playing timidly or trying to trap.
K5. Fold.
K8. Fold. This time MASTAendgegn got it all in on the flop with an OESD, and got lucky.
Q5. Fold. We lose the guy who got it in with MASTA. 9 players.

t50 (I have 1425 chips)
92.
K3s. I fold to a minraise. The raiser checks a Q99 flop, which is odd. He checks an A turn, but raises MASTA on a J river. MASTA folds so I don’t see the guy’s cards.
A4s. Fold. Someone pushed but no callers.
T3. Fold.
87s. Fold.
82. Fold.
K3 in the BB. I fold to a minraise. Britney minreraised! Totally retarded. She wins the pot though.
T4s. It’s tempting to complete but not so much with cards that don’t connect. The flop comes T high, which would possibly have been trouble for me.

t100 (I have 1350 chips)
AJ. I fold to a raise. I possibly have MASTA’s range beaten but I prefer to wait for a better spot here. A good choice. MASTA has KK, and Muradonna gets it all in with a pair of sevens on the flop. My note wasn’t wrong, eh?
86. Fold.
72. Fold.

At this point, I’m only going to play hands that I’m willing to get it in with. I haven’t chipped up at all, so it’s a question of picking a good spot because I don’t have the chips to play poker.

A8. Fold. MASTA has tried to steal with T4s. Called by AQ. He pairs his four.
T5s. Fold. We lose another player.
74. Fold.
K2 in the BB. The SB minraises and I fold. I doubt he had anything, but I let it go because it will pay in future.
Q6. Fold.
A6. Fold.

t150 (I have 1250 chips)
K9s. I've been card dead and it's time to try to steal a blind so I raise to 500. MASTAendgegn pushes and I call. I'm pretty much pot committed with only 750 behind. He has ATs. I flop the K but he turns an A. That’s me done. To be honest, I didn’t notice it was him in the BB. If I had, I would have folded. Never mind.

Okay, I know that was a bad play but MASTA could have had absolutely anything there. His range is basically any two cards. Perversely, a better player would probably have just called, if that, in his spot, and I would have pushed him off the flop, but you can't complain that bad players are bad.

No comments: