Thursday 20 December 2007

youch

Goddamnit! I need PokerRoom to switch off the doomswitch, because this is just sucking so much.

t150 in a $5 tourney. I have about 6K. I wake up with QQ. I raise to 500 and the only guy who covers me calls.

Note that. The only guy who covers me at the whole table calls.

The flop comes all low hearts. I have the Q of hearts. I bet out. The tard raises, and I push.

Why?

Most of the time the guy has Ahx and has paired x, or has a big ace that he thinks probably is ahead. Sometimes he has a set. Sometimes an overpair of his own. Other times he's bluffing. Only very rarely will he have the flush.

In the first of those cases, you really don't want to fold. In the second, I have the odds to call his raise, but I'm not going to like a push on the turn. In the third, I don't want to fold at all. In the fourth, I still have a redraw against most flushes. On balance, I'm going to be ahead, and I'm going to be called by the Ahx hands and probably AK/AQ too.

The guy shows KhTh. WTF? How often can players flop flushes against me? I mean, for fuck's sake, they do this all the time. He doesn't even have 5h4h or other bullshit that I can at least suck out on.

And please, spare me a discussion of overplaying overpairs. You have to overplay them in $5 tourneys on PR. The blinds go up quickly, and you just don't get enough play to play too nitty. Anyway, I think my play is fine. There are just too many hands he can have that I beat to fold that.

No comments: