Thursday 20 December 2007

It gets worse

I don't expect to win every time I play, but this is getting ridiculous. This happens EVERY FUCKING TIME I PLAY. A $5 sng this time:

TEXAS_HOLDEM, NO_LIMIT, T4-56394060-14
played at "Uppsala" for USDTC from 2007-12-19 21:14 until 2007-12-19 21:15
Seat 1: Olum0609 ($3,770 in chips)
Seat 4: 1egdums7 ($1,010 in chips)
Seat 6: MorphNosnese ($1,555 in chips)
Seat 7: Donvon1 ($925 in chips)
Seat 8: Fat-Lula ($4,115 in chips)
Seat 9: Gatti11 ($2,240 in chips)
Seat 10: Dr Zen ($1,385 in chips)

Have not played a hand.

ANTES/BLINDS
1egdums7 posts blind ($25), MorphNosnese posts blind ($50).

PRE-FLOP
Donvon1 folds, Fat-Lula folds, Gatti11 calls $50, Dr Zen bets $300,


Big bet but this table has been retarded, so get the money in.

Olum0609 folds, 1egdums7 folds, MorphNosnese calls $250, Gatti11 calls $250.

FLOP [board cards:AS3H9S ]

Bang! TPTK, we're good to go.


MorphNosnese bets $400

Don't think so, dude.

Gatti11 calls $400, Dr Zen bets $1,085 and is all-in

Come on!

MorphNosnese folds,

Didn't think so.

Gatti11 calls $685.


Here's a WTF moment.

The guy shows Ks5s.

Okay, you're an idiot who limps that preflop.

But you call a raise to 6BB with it? And then call a t400 bet on the flop? Half the pot, so not good enough odds, and I'm still to play, with my most likely hand a big ace.

Of course, he has to call the push. He's played so badly up to this point that he's actually priced in for it.

Still, I should be happy, right? Money in really good again. He's about 2 to 1 to...


TURN [board cards:AS3H9S7S ]

win.

Whenever I get allin with less than the nuts now, I expect to lose. It doesn't matter what shit they have against me, they will win every time. EVERY FUCKING TIME. I'm not kidding. I occasionally have a hand that's ahead preflop and holds up, but if someone calls me with some bullshit draw, count on their drawing out on me.

RIVER [board cards:AS3H9S7SQH ]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

boots sez:

"It doesn't matter what shit they have against me, they will win every time. EVERY FUCKING TIME. I'm not kidding. "

Well, you know Zen, the maths work out over the long term. These temporary fits of statistical absurdity will occur from time to time, in the short run. But over the long run the maths will hold up. And as you've said before you're winning more than you're losing so just hang on and over your gambling career you'll be good to go.

Dr Zen said...

Thanks boots. I know you don't believe that, but I apreciate that you posted it.

Actually, I appreciate all your comments. You supply a different POV, which is much more valuable than I think you realise. Don't feel that I scorn your comments, because I don't. I appreciate the time and effort you spend on me.

Anonymous said...

boots sez:

It's like looking into a time-travel mirror or some shit, watching you falling headlong down that same rabbit hole that I fell into. I try not to preach and get that all over your clothes, and I try not to laugh at myself as seen in you, but it's fucking difficult.

If (and this is a very large if) you ever reach the point of saying fuck this, the maths may be great but they're doing me fuckall good, let me know. Maybe I can help you keep your head before the red Queen.

But until you reach the "what the fuck is this shit, this stuff is supposed to work, why the hell isn't it?" stage, all I can do is try not to laugh too hard, and let you know that at least someone is reading your poker blog.

Best Luck.