Wednesday 18 March 2009

Time to whine

So I played a few games today after a decent break. All multitable SNGs, to try something different. And ran like shit. I had QQ cracked by AA, JJ by A5 and every BvB shove that got called, I was dominated. This took the cake though.


Poker Stars $10+$1 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds - 5 players

The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter
CO: t2130 M = 7.10
BTN: t1740 M = 5.80
SB: t5210 M = 17.37
Hero (BB): t3250 M = 10.83
UTG: t6750 M = 22.50


Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is BB with AA of hearts AA of clubs

woot

1 fold, CO raises to t600, 2 folds, Hero calls t400

Villain is a laggy idiot who will at least cbet on the flop but may not call a reraise, so I flat and plan to get it in on the flop.

Flop: (t1300) 99 of spades TT of hearts AA of diamonds (2 players)

That's obviously a supergood flop for me.

Hero checks, CO bets t800, Hero raises to t1600, CO calls t730 all in


So we get it in and he has As6s. The only way he can beat me is the runner runner flush. That's about a 20/1 shot. I was probably right about his hand too. He would likely not have called a repop pre. So I have skilfully got all my chips in so far ahead he can barely see me in the distance. Now for my reward...


Turn: (t4360) KK of spades (2 players - 1 is all in)


Runner.

River: (t4360) 55 of spades (2 players - 1 is all in)

Runner.

I mean, wtf. All poker players think they're unlucky, but really. This happens to me all the time, and I don't really play that much, so it's not the usual ups and downs of a grinder. I mean, you get AA cracked now and then. That's poker. But twice in five games, the only two times you picked it up?

Cue boots to tell me that if I was in harmony with the cosmic order it would have come diamonds.

So anyway, I wasn't knocked out right there, and had a few chips left. I doubled when a fishtard limped in the small blind and I shoved over. She snapped me off with AQ and my 95 made two pair. Later, I shoved over another limp and she folded. The third time, I had K5s, which is a decent hand. And she snapped me again. With A5. I mean, ffs. The fish doesn't have the sense to shove it, fair enough, but do I have to be dominated? Well, I guess I do; otherwise, my poker career wouldn't be the long, soul-destroying humbling that it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cue boots to tell me that if I was in harmony with the cosmic order it would have come diamonds.

You can only tell someone to stop smashing their thumb with the hammer so many times before you just shrug.