Monday 11 August 2008

On the up

I love to win at a new level. It's a sign that you've arrived. Well okay, it's possible you could luckbox a win at any level but it still feels good. Winning my first $5 game felt fantastic (it was the first tourney of any sort that I'd won), and winning my first $10er confirmed that I could move up and could win higher.

I've recently being playing on Full Tilt, using a Kelly bankroll. So after running like God in the 6.5s to grind up my roll, I moved up to the 12s. If the few games I've played are anyhow representative, they are plenty soft enough that I needn't fear playing on a Kelly roll.

So I loved this:

Full Tilt Poker Game #7600545543: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (57814201), Table 1 - 300/600 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:15:13 ET - 2008/08/11
Seat 2: basatagirl (6,750)
Seat 6: TheDebster (6,750)
TheDebster posts the small blind of 300
basatagirl posts the big blind of 600
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to basatagirl [Kc Kh]
TheDebster raises to 6,750, and is all in
basatagirl calls 6,150, and is all in
TheDebster shows [Qh Ad]
basatagirl shows [Kc Kh]
*** FLOP *** [3s 6d 3c]
*** TURN *** [3s 6d 3c] [Th]
*** RIVER *** [3s 6d 3c Th] [6h]
TheDebster shows two pair, Sixes and Threes
basatagirl shows two pair, Kings and Sixes
basatagirl wins the pot (13,500) with two pair, Kings and Sixes

I deserved it. I am in really good form at the moment, imo, playing as well as I ever have. With reasonable luck, I will soon be winning at another new level, the 24s. Well, fingers crossed that the Kelly idea will allow me to move up a lot more quickly than I would have otherwise, even if I crash and burn when I get there.

1 comment:

AJ said...

This was happy reading.

(fingers crossed I didn't just jinx things)