Saturday 29 March 2008

Suckout hell 2

You'd laugh if it didn't happen all the time. I guess it goes in cycles and I'm in one of the bad ones.

I have QT. Flop is T86. Other guy pushes. I call.

He has 65. I considered crying when the river came another six.

When you are winning, you shrug this off. But this was ITM. I had a decent stack, and winning this hand would have made me chip leader going into headsup. A great chance to claw back $50.

Still, I had the pleasure of eliminating him. And I won the tourney, and promptly came second in a $20, to begin my upswing. You hear me, god of poker? Time to swing back up now.

****

Nope. Not listening.

AK, I raise, he calls with ATs. Flops a T and I'm busted.

I shove 1100 chips into BB who just covers me. He calls with KJ. This is like sixhanded, so meh. He flops a J.

If there is a way to river me, you'll river me today. Just call with whatever shit you have. You'll hit. If I have AA and you have 72, get it in on an A52 flop. You will turn and river 2s, trust me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boots sez:

"If there is a way to river me, you'll river me today. Just call with whatever shit you have. You'll hit. If I have AA and you have 72, get it in on an A52 flop. You will turn and river 2s, trust me."

When "Murphy" loves you, sometimes it's possible to find a situation where nothing can go wrong; then when it does anyway you've gathered one piece of data about how the world actually works.

I don't know if it's always painful or not. It was for me. There's an alogic hidden in the way of it. To turn that alogic into logic requires something a bit different.