Thursday 3 January 2008

yes I do

So this is a $5 tourney. I've played the fish before, and I know he's basically clueless. But this is horrible:


TEXAS_HOLDEM, NO_LIMIT, T4-57441207-37
ANTES/BLINDS
Fishtard posts blind ($75), Dr Zen posts blind ($150).

PRE-FLOP
4 folds Fishtard calls $75, Dr Zen checks.

I have A5s and could play it harder, but this fish is likely to call anything and I'll never know where I am in the hand, so I play it safe.


FLOP [board cards:TSJD7C ]
Fishtard checks, Dr Zen checks.

TURN [board cards:TSJD7CQC ]
Fishtard checks, Dr Zen checks.


A king would be nice.

RIVER [board cards:TSJD7CQCKS ]


That's nice. I have the nuts, of course.


Fishtard bets $300

Hello? You have the nuts too.

Then it strikes me. The nuts is not the only hand this fish will bet.

Dr Zen bets $1,855 and is all-in

It's a longshot but fuck it, I have the nuts and cannot lose, whatever happens.

Fishtard calls $1,555.

SHOWDOWN
Dr Zen shows [AH5H ]

Yes, I have the nuts, fishy.

Fishtard shows [3HKH ]

OMG.

Dr Zen wins $4,010.

Double me up, biatch. The mind boggles at how bad a player can be. Even if you think I might be bluffing there, you still fold. Calling is insane because I can so easily have an ace. Maybe Fishtard always bets ace high on that flop, and doesn't understand why I would play it so weakly, I don't know. Maybe he just sees his pair and nothing else.


Sadly, I still bubbled in this tourney. The other players traded chips for a few orbits as I ran completely card dead. Then I pick up QQ raise and one of the tards pushes his AT. I snapcall and he rivers the ace. Sigh. The worst of it is that the other players conspired to play so badly that they got Fishtard into the money. Double sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boots sez:

"The mind boggles at how bad a player can be."

That's exactly why you can't infer anything from their behaviours that changes your view of the probabilities. The only probabilities you can trust are the ones derived from what you see in your hand and on the table.

Stay happy.