Tuesday 18 September 2007

On a freezer

Sometimes I just hate poker.

I am dealt T9 in the big blind. The flop comes Txx and I bet. Retard calls. Turn another T. I bet more, he calls again. River is an A. I figure he has been calling with Ace-something, so I check to induce the bluff. Sure enough, he bets fairly big. I call and he shows me AA.

So the guy let me draw out on him and then sucked out on me.

A couple of hands later, I limp on the button with 55. I probably should have raised but whatever. The flop comes 995. I bet fairly small, tard calls. He's loose enough to have just about anything here but I put him on the 9. I am hoping that I'm being put on a button robbery of the orphan pot. The turn is an 8. I bet again fairly big and he calls. The river is a 7. I bet once more, he raises all in. I am pot committed. Obviously, I hope he has the straight because it would just be too cruel for the same guy to suck out to a full house twice.

Now, I guess that you have days like that. Earlier, with QQ on a J high flop, I'd received two callers. The turn was another J. Oh well. I had too much money in to just give up, so I pushed. He had JJ. So in the next couple of games I get short and push over calls. Both times they call the push too, and have me dominated. Unreal. Then I push over a bet with TT, he calls and shows KQs. Of course he flops a Q. Then I push 88 over AK and he turns a K. Next AKs over QT, he calls, and rivers a Q. Don't ask who calls with that shit; he had a biggish stack and wanted to gambool. And just now, a shorty called a decent raise from KQ and we flop KQ9. Obviously I put him the rest of the way in. And he's delighted, because he called the raise with JT -- not even pushing, leaving himself 2BB -- and has me beaten.

So yeah, the tard has 97, of all the fucking hands. When you're cold, man, you freeze.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

boots sez:

Don't worry dude, it's just "bad luck".

Here's a thing to think about, if you feel like thinking about it.

You're playing computer poker. You're playing with some specific size bankroll. You're playing all rational-like.

Thing is, the tards you're playing are not you. They don't have to be rational in the same way you're being rational.

Some fucking millionaire is playing for grins. He could give a shit whether he wins or loses, but maybe he'd have fun running you down to one chip.

And it doesn't matter what size bankroll you're working with. There's always some tard with a wad that makes you look like a pauper, playing for grins, not giving a shit.

You have two basic weaknesses in gambling. One is that you believe in random luck, random chance, whatever you call it. The other is that you expect everybody else has the same sanity rulebook you play by. The first, well, whatever. The second can be a killer no matter what, not everybody is you.

Bad luck happens, they tell me. I know for sure that shitwads abound and some of them are rich as hell.

Dillo said...

Yeah, like 'he' said.

You're obviously too good a player to run this bad for too long. Grind away cobber and the results will be there.

Dr Zen said...

I appreciate the comments, but I should point out that this was just a morning's bad luck, and I'm actually winning at a good clip. Since writing that post, I've actually been on an uptick, and feeling really good about poker. I should blog about that!